50 Book Challenge!

What’s it all about?

This year’s 50 book challenge is NOT about “forcing” you to read- it’s about figuring out what YOU may LOVE about   reading, and consequently the experience you may be missing out on! There are many types of readers: reluctant, emerging, and energetic just to name a few. Many students forget that reading isn’t all about work and school, it’s about traversing the globe, stepping into   new shoes, solving a mystery, winning a battle, travelling through time! Whether you read 10 books or 100, the 50   book challenge is here to inspire you to remember why everyone used to love “story time.” Winners will receive a      special prize at the end of year celebration, where we will ALL bask in our glory!

Earn Points for Reading!

Whether you read a magazine, newspaper, blog, or book… you will have a chance to earn points for your progress!

• Fill out the form and earn part of your extra credit challenge.
  • Share your reading for the 1 minute READdown +15 game points
  • Have a “text” to read at any given time +5 game points
  • Share that you read for 5 minutes +3 game points
  • Share that you read for 20 minutes +5 game points

Our 50 Book Challenge!

Students who read WRITE BETTER, COMPREHEND MORE, FEEL CONFIDENT, BRING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE, ABSORB VOCABULARY AND ARE ABLE TO PROBLEM SOLVE FASTER.

“When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature.  If I were a young person today, trying to gain a sense of myself in the world, I would do that again by reading, just as I did when I was young.”     -Maya Angelou

#50BC Rules:

1. Choose a book you want to read 🙂

2.  After reading, register each book you read with the form:  www.tinyurl.com/UMS50BookChallenge or scan the QR code above!

3.  While reading, let us share the experience with you!  Use your blogs (tag: 50 Book Challenge) or Twitter (#MrsLongsClasses @MrsLongFCPS) to share your thoughts, reflections, and revelations!

4. Start again!

Special Prizes for the first to 50 and first class to 200!!